Privacy & Disclaimer
Date of Issue: 11 March 2014 - Version 2.13
AUTOPIA is bound by the Australia Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and associated legislation (the Privacy Act).
What kind of personal information is collected by AUTOPIA and how is it collected?
The type of information collected and held includes (but is not limited to) personal information, including information, about:
- contact information (address, email, phone number etc.),
- banking details,
- number of employees for a corporate client,
- financial background for an individual client (income, expenditure, assets and liabilities),
- supporting financial information (copy of pay slip, copy of rates notice etc.),
- vehicle Tax Invoice,
- driver transactional data (fuel, maintenance, invoice history and vehicle usage information and declarations),
- driver accident and insurance claim history,
- driver motor vehicle license history (restrictions and cancelations), and
- financier approval details.
Please note we will continue to collect personal information from a customer throughout the life of our business relationship with that customer in order to effectively and efficiently manage our business relationship with them.
Personal Information you provide: We will generally collect personal information held about an individual by way of forms filled out by you and provided to us via emails and telephone calls.
Personal Information provided by other people: In some circumstances we may be provided with personal information about you from a third party.
How will AUTOPIA use the personal information you provide?
We will use personal information collected from you for the primary purpose of enabling us to:
- seek approval of financing,
- enable to provision of insurance cover and other related services,
- keep you informed about matters related to your vehicle including report to you regularly on progress against the budget set up for your vehicle,
- provide you and, if appropriate, your employer reporting in relation to Fringe Benefits Tax and Income Tax.
- provide you with general correspondence, newsletters and market insight,
- day-to-day administration.
And for such other secondary purposes that are related to the primary purpose, and reasonably expected, or to which you have consented.
Personal information not held by AUTOPIA:
AUTOPIA does not retain personal information in relation to:
- Tax File Numbers, or
- credit card details.
AUTOPIA will obtain consent to collect, retain and communicate personal information: In line with the Australian Privacy Principles AUTOPIA will seek consent to the collection of privacy information. Wherever it is practical we will seek to have this consent agreed to in writing at the time the information is collected and in the rare circumstances where this is not possible, we will read aloud a collection statement and seek the parties’ acceptance of the statement.
Who might we disclose personal information to?
We may disclose personal information, held about an individual to:
- a bank / financial institution,
- your employer (information only in direct relation to the management of a vehicle)
- anyone you authorise us to disclose information to; and
- anyone to whom we are required to disclose the information by law.
Sending information overseas: We may disclose personal information about an individual to overseas recipients, for instance, when storing personal information with ‘cloud’ service providers which are situated outside Australia. However, we will not send personal information about an individual outside Australia without:
- obtaining the consent of the individual (in some cases this consent will be implied); or
- otherwise complying with the Australian Privacy Principles or other applicable privacy legislation.
Management and security of personal information
AUTOPIA is required to respect the confidentiality of your personal information and the privacy of individuals.
AUTOPIA has in place steps to protect the personal information held from misuse, interference and loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure by use of various methods including locked storage of paper records and password access rights to digitally stored records.
Access and correction of personal information
Under the Privacy Act an individual has the right to obtain access to any personal information which AUTOPIA holds about them and to advise of any perceived inaccuracy. There are some exceptions to this right set out in the Act.
To make a request to access or update any personal information AUTOPIA holds about you; please contact our CEO in writing at .
We will require you to verify your identity and specify what information you require. We may charge a fee to cover the cost of verifying your application and locating, retrieving, reviewing and copying any material requested.
Enquiries and complaints
If you would like further information about the way AUTOPIA manages the personal information it holds, or wish to complain that you believe that AUTOPIA has breached the Australian Privacy Principles, please contact the AUTOPIA CEO by emailing and we will investigate any complaint. We will notify you of a decision in relation to your complaint as soon as practicable after it has been made.
The above policy can be downloaded here:
When you visit the AUTOPIA website, we collect non-personal information for statistical reporting purposes. Information that is gathered may include your server's IP address and domain name of your Internet service provider, the type of operating system and internet browser you use, pages accessed, documents and programs downloaded, as well as the date and time of your visit.
Email addresses are recorded if supplied. We may use your email address to keep as a method of keeping you informed about products and services that may be of interest to you. You have the option 'Unsubscribe' and no longer receive electronic marketing communications at any time.
Links to Other Sites
You may be able to access external websites by clicking on links we have provided. Those other websites are not subject to our privacy standards, policies and procedures. You will need to contact or review those websites directly to ascertain their privacy standards, policies and procedures.
|In order to protect your personal information online, we use up-to-date and secure technology methods. When we capture your personal information it is passed through a secure server using encryption technology which scrambles the personal information to protect it over the Internet. Stored personal information about you is further protected from unauthorised access through the use of firewalls, secure passwords and sign in processes. AUTOPIA strives to ensure the security of personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorised modification, use or disclosure. We take all reasonable care from a range of electronic and physical security measures. Unfortunately, no data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure.